Blog Archive

Starlit nights, first kisses, glitter, sidewalk chalk, worn teddybears & faeries?

When I was younger, I used to look at puddles, & think that everything that had been mirrored into it was really a part of a parallel universe. That everything that was going on in my world was being mimicked in another. Now, looking at the cars passing on the wet, rain-drenched roads, I notice that what is reflected is not an act of mimicry. No. Not this time. This time, the headlights are absorbed into the gravel, creating bars of light that seem to go on forever. Forever and ever into the earth, down to the very core. & I wonder if that parallel dimension exists, here & now. Because if it did, would the cars be columns of light & luminosity? The bars traveling in pairs across a blurry trail? I wonder.