Candle shops & sidewalk stops.

Once you asked me if I spoke in miracles
& once I asked you if you read time like you
could read me.

I never believed anyone else when they told
me that the real world is real & that fairies &
mermaids & dragons are fake 'cuse
you knew, somehow, that lying was easier than
telling the truth, even if they were our own
excuses for sincerity.
Somehow,
you knew that truth would affect me more.
I never wasted time trying to convince you that
you were right, but you knew when you were wrong.
Then, you said
"everything's a mask, everything's a mask"
& that our outsides, they can change,
but our insides won't ; they'll just never be the same.

You had me falling for you honey
And it never would've gone away, no
You used to shine so bright
But I watched all of it fade
"So you don't have to call anymore
I won't pick up the phone
This is the last straw
There's nothing left to beg for."
"You're not sorry, no no ohhhh"
:;:;:; Loveee this part.