Blog Archive

Love is but a daydream, a broken twisted thing.

I'll meet you in the driveway at six in the morning & it will be cold & the wind will hurt but we won't notice. I won't notice the way your skin feels like metal or how you taste like something I don't want to know about. It will be six in the morning & we won't go to sleep and we'll watch the birds wake up from their hiding places. We'll be the only ones who know where birds go at night. The sun will come up but it will be slow & it won't match the rhythm of our heart beats. We'll want to smoke but we won't have any cigarettes & nothing will be perfect but we'll pretend it is. We'll pretend that at some point in the morning, everything is quiet & everyone freezes & their lives freeze & their minds freeze & we'll be the only ones that can still move & live and think & we'll be jealous. I'll hope you won't say anything about the freckles & the scars on my skin & how maybe, they don't look very pretty together. I'll hope you won't say anything about how cold I am.