Blog Archive

Pleading with fractured lips, but you're my last chance.

Turn off the lights in your silver-threaded heart & open your eyes. Feel your way through the darkness & ease around the sharp corners of my insecurity. Be careful, step lightly, don't bruise yourself on my doubts. If you fall to your knees, just keep crawling forward. Don't stop, be brave, I need you close enough to hear my whisper. I need another soul in the dark to hear these confessions. I'm sitting in the middle of the ocean, choking on the reflection of the stars, but I think I'm starting to hear the echo of your pulse. I think I can hear the shallow crashing of your breath on the edge of your lips. Don't interrupt, because I'm starting now. Don't shy from this tsunami of emotion or the callous edge of my well-used, wrung-dry heart. I promise, this won't take long. I just need someone to hear the fears sending shockwaves down my vertebrae, the lonely terror throbbing in my palms every time they kiss in prayer.